Transfer Directly From ALPS to A College Or University
Successfully complete advanced ALPS levels and transfer directly to one of our partner colleges. Academic courses at ALPS Language School are designed for students who want to earn a degree or certificate at an American university or college and need to develop their academic English language skills.
ALPS students are eligible to receive conditional acceptance letters from some of our partner colleges.
- “Conditional acceptance” means that your chosen college or university guarantees your acceptance into their programs once your English reaches the required level at ALPS.
- Conditional acceptance can make the process of getting a student visa smoother, because you will be able to present both your letter of acceptance to ALPS and your conditional letter of acceptance to your university-level program. Your entire educational plan in the US will be clear to the consular officer at your visa interview.
You can request a conditional acceptance letter as part of your ALPS application.
Contact ALPS staff for more details about conditional acceptance to our college and university partners.
No TOEFL or IELTS Score Required
ALPS’s local partner colleges will accept completion of ALPS levels as proof of English proficiency. You do not need to submit additional TOEFL or IELTS scores in order to take advantage of our transfer agreements.
Easy Transfer Process
When you are ready to begin your university-level certificate, bachelor’s degree, or master’s degree, ALPS staff will advise and assist you with the transfer process.
- You will receive personalized counseling from ALPS staff throughout the transfer process. ALPS staff will help connect you with advisers at your college or university of choice.
- It is not necessary to leave the US between finishing your studies at ALPS and starting your university program in most cases (be sure to consult with ALPS advisors about your specific situation).
- To transfer to a college or university from ALPS, you do not need to apply for a new student visa as long as you do not leave the US between programs.
Current College / University Partners
ALPS has transfer agreements with the following institutions in the Seattle area:
- Seattle Central College
- North Seattle College
- South Seattle College
- Bellevue College
- Lake Washington Institute of Technology
- Everett Community College
- Edmonds College
ALPS has pathways to the following partner universities nationally:
Students who complete ALPS levels demonstrate the high level of language proficiency necessary for the placement scores necessary for entry to these universities. However, completion of ALPS levels does NOT guarantee placement into the partner universities below. Students are required to present an English language score and, as part of the application process to their chosen partner university, the applicant will take the ITEP, Pearson Versant or DuoLingo to confirm their proficiency. Students can also submit a IELTS or TOEFL score if preferred.
- Gonzaga University (in Washington State)
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of the Pacific
- University of Utah
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of Massachusetts Boston
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Johns Hopkins University
- Florida International University
- University of Central Florida
Contact Us For Details
If you have questions about requirements for specific universities or colleges, please contact an ALPS advisor.